We’ve established the SCS Noonan Scholars Thrive Fund as a way to maximize donor impact and direct resources to the need as quickly as possible. Long-time supporters Paul and Amy Blavin will provide seed funding with a $250,000 Challenge Grant – matching all gifts in support.
Please watch the video below to hear directly from our Scholars about the unique challenges they face as low-income students during COVID-19 — and how SCS Noonan Scholars continues to make a difference.
SCS Noonan Scholars is adapting daily to the shifting needs of our Scholars, innovating new ways to continue to academically prepare and emotionally and socially support them during this time of social isolation and remote learning. If you can, please lend your support.
As you hear in the video stories, lost critical income and food insecurity are just two of the many challenges our Scholars are facing in just the first few days of this crisis. We anticipate many more.
Each gift that you and other generous supporters make in this time is doubled — working to benefit twice as many of our low-income Scholars.
In addition to the challenges our Scholars are facing — this is an unprecedented time for our organization, as some of our long-time funders are unable to keep up their support and all of our Spring fundraising events are postponed.
Both our organization and our Scholars need your support; support we need to continue making a difference.
Here are some of the decisive actions we’re taking to ensure our Scholars get the support they need during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- We continue to provide one-on-one virtual coaching and counseling to all of our Scholars to help them navigate this unsettling time.
- We are building a virtual summer educational and training program to replace our on-site academy at USC and Amherst in July and August.
- We are collaborating with companies to make available virtual internship experiences where our Scholars can still learn and add value despite not having an office to go to and not knowing how long this ‘new normal’ will continue.
- We are supporting high school students who are getting acceptance letters but can’t tour colleges with how best to make these important decisions.
- We are trying to support Scholars who are in college and are being sent home with logistics and travel costs.
Social distancing presents a unique set of challenges and risks for a high-touch, personalized program model like ours. But, adapting, innovating, and improving outcomes based on what we learn has been part of our DNA from the start.
Donate Now – Double Your Impact
If you’d like to donate with a check, please contact Steve Stein at email@example.com