Welcome to the 2019-2020 SCS Noonan Scholars Application!
SCS Noonan is searching for a group of exceptional students to become our Class of 2021 SCS Noonan Scholars. We’re excited that you have chosen to apply and our team is here to support you through the application process.
The SCS Noonan Scholars Program is FREE to admitted students! Students who are selected as SCS Noonan Scholars benefit from:
- A six-week, residential Summer Academy following their junior year and senior year of high school. At Summer Academy, Scholars take math and writing courses taught by college professors, in addition to ongoing support around the college application and college transition process. All costs of Summer Academy, including housing, meals, and travel to Amherst College, are covered by SCS Noonan Scholars.
- A $500 stipend each summer that they participate in Summer Academy, and a $1000 stipend each year of college.
- A laptop that is theirs to keep at the end of the 2020 Summer Academy.
- Ongoing individual support, resources, and programming focused on applying to college, and succeeding in college and in career.
We ask that SCS Noonan Scholars commit to:
- The REQUIRED six-week residential Summer Academy in the summer of 2020 AND in the summer of 2021. The 2020 Summer Academy will take place at Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Summer Academy runs from late-June through early-August
- Students will be expected to be present for the entirety of the six-week program in both summers 2020 and 2021
- Ongoing communication and responsiveness with SCS Noonan Scholars staff and representatives, including the College Access Manager, College Success Manager, Career Coach, and a mentor, who will ensure that the Scholar is supported in the college application process, the college transition process, and in their career preparation.
The Application Process
The application process consists of THREE ROUNDS. The deadline for Round One is December 18th at 11:59 PM PST. Following the close of each application round, the prospective scholar’s submitted material will be evaluated by SCS Noonan staff and a decision will be made as to whether or not the applicant will advance to the next round. Applicants must successfully complete each round to be admitted to the SCS Noonan Scholars Program. Our review of each prospective scholar is a holistic one, which means that all parts of the application will be considered before making a decision.
Who Should Apply
You may apply to become an SCS Noonan Scholar if you:
- Are a current high school junior (11th grade student)
- Have an unweighted GPA of 3.4 or higher (out of 4.0) and taking the most rigorous courses available at your school (Honors, AP, IB, Dual Enrollment, etc.)
- Have 10th Grade PSAT Score of 1050+ or 11th Grade PSAT Score of 1140+ (if taken)
- Identify as either: a first-generation college student OR a student of color
- Have annual household income of $75,000 or less
- Are committed to your academic and future success!
- November 1st: 2020 Application is open
- December 18th: Final deadline for Round One at 11:59 PM PST
- Late December: Applications are reviewed by the admission team
- Early January: All Round One applicants are notified and invited to submit materials for Round Two
- January: Round Two applications are reviewed by the admission team
- Mid-February: All Round Two applicants are notified and Finalists asked to submit materials for Round Three and invited to participate in a video interview
- Late March: Finalists applications are reviewed by the admission team
- Mid-April: All Finalists are notified and the Class of 2021 SCS Noonan Scholars are admitted to the program
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit or access any part of it. Make sure to review all parts of your application before submitting and save any portions you may want access to in the future.
Saving Your Application
Check the box “Save my progress and resume later” located at the top of each application page.
For questions about the SCS Noonan Scholars program, application, or application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Start the Application