Apply to become a SCS Noonan Scholar!
The application for juniors will be available on December 1st. Interested students are invited to sign up to be notified when the application is available.
Who is Eligible?
SCS Noonan Scholars is looking for highly motivated high school juniors from under-resourced schools and families who aspire to attend a selective college or university. Students enter the program during the spring semester of their junior year of high school and are immediately immersed in our comprehensive program model.
While there are no absolute requirements for admission, students accepted into the program typically meet the following criteria:
- Plan to attend a 4-year college
- Cumulative high School GPA of 3.5 or higher (unweighted, out of 4.0)
- 10th Grade PSAT Score of 1050 or above (if taken)
- Household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Identify as one of the following:
- A first-generation college student
- A student of color
What is the Commitment?
We at SCS Noonan Scholars are committed to helping our Scholars graduate from top colleges equipped to achieve their full potential in their chosen career. In return, we ask that our students fully commit to our 6-year program.
For our rising high school juniors, we require that all Scholars:
- Attend SAT test prep sessions in the spring of junior year
- Attend our Summer Academy during the Summer after junior year
- Participate in regular check-ins with SCS Noonan staff for college counseling and admissions support during senior year
Following college acceptance, all Scholars are required to:
- Attend Summer Academy during the Summer after senior year (optional)
- Participate in regular check-ins with SCS Noonan staff for individual and academic support
- Submit college transcripts at the end of each semester
- Participate in professional development workshops and events
What is the Application Process?
The application process is currently closed. All eligible applicants are encouraged to submit the notification form found above to be notified via email when the application becomes available.
The application requests the following:
- High School Transcripts
- PSAT/SAT/ACT and SAT Subject Test Scores (if taken)
- AP and IB Courses (and scores if available)
- Statement of Interest and Personal Essays
- Recommendation Letter
- Extracurricular activities
The application process is competitive. Once all applicants are reviewed by our Admissions Committee, a limited number of individuals will be invited for in-person or Skype interviews. We will then accept students based on their application and interview, using the criteria outlined above. All applicants will be notified within two weeks after their interview.